Job Title: CLINICAL THERAPIST
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Therapist is responsible for providing clinical assessments as well as individual and family therapy sessions
1.Accept and evaluate referrals for outpatient services, conferring with referral sources as needed to determine the client’s treatment needs.
2. Provide comprehensive clinical assessments in response to initial referrals and maintains outpatient therapy caseload.
3. Provide referrals for Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Clubhouse Groups and Targeted Case Management Services
4. Provide individual and family therapy to the clients in accordance with their needs, psychological abilities, and written treatment plan.
5. Assist in the formulation of each client’s overall treatment plan, discharge criteria, and continued service recommendations via Medical Director and Clinical Director. Develop a written treatment plan for each client.
6. Document any and all clinical services, communication and other client-related contacts in the Electronic Medical Record within a timely manner. Documentation shall be in accordance with Serenity CMHC’s requirements, with agency Policies and Procedures, and with the agency’s electronic records system.
7. Conduct Master Treatment Plan Reviews necessary to obtain authorizations for client services.
8. Collaborate and consult with the agency’s Medical Director and Clinical Director in service delivery areas and on-going treatment planning for Outpatient clients
9. Fulfill any and all supervision requirements established by the relevant Board in the State of Florida to either obtain or maintain required clinical licensure/certification. Maintain necessary continuing education requirements in accordance with Core Services requirements and/or relevant State of Florida Licensure/Certification.
10. Attend both internal and external treatment team meetings, multidisciplinary meetings, hearings, or other consultations as needed.
11. Assist in developing and maintaining productive community-based resources to support each client’s treatment goals as well as the objectives of the program and agency.
12. Perform other related duties as requested by the Clinical Director.
Position reports to: Clinical Director
•Master’s Degree in a human services field from an accredited and approved college or university.
•Licensed or license-eligible by the relevant State Licensure/Certification Board to provide mental health treatment services in the State of Florida
•Two (2) years of experience providing therapeutic services
•Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
•Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to meet the needs of the clients
•Must successfully complete all phases of required pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, crisis intervention, First Aid, CPR, and Universal Precautions.
•Must be able to work in a potentially high pressure, high-stress environment.
•Computer literacy, advanced writing and editing skills, and organizational skills are essential.
•High level of accuracy and detail orientation required.
•Have the ability to communicate professionally (both verbally and in writing) with relevant individuals, including, but not limited to, clients, parents/guardians, colleagues, and community mental health providers.